Friday, August 4, 2023

an EP about death preface


a warm welcome back to all of you. i know i tend to take long breaks from releasing poetry, but it’s always a pleasure to see all of you who have stuck with me. today, i bring you the second of my three-part EP series, this one titled “an EP about death.” across this year, many people close to me have lost loved ones to death, more so than in years past. some of these lost loved ones are people i’ve personally known for many years, and as someone who is a bit existential (to a fault), it’s had a rather deep impact on me. so much so that it inspired me to create a short, story-driven set of poems. i must stress, though, that these poems are not entirely based on my own experiences. this is merely a story told from the perspective of a young person who lost a loved one, and it’s not meant to be as intensely personal as my last project. you’ll understand why i offer that disclaimer as you read the poems for yourself. this project took a lot of energy, but i’m proud of what i was able to make here. i hope the poems connect to you as well, and i hope you’re prepared for the final part of the trilogy. i will try to have it out as soon as i can; keep on the lookout:

1. tears that i never cried

2. my last goodbyes

3. one more conversation

No comments:

Post a Comment