Saturday, September 2, 2023

1. borderline

falling in life
like my head
ain’t screwed on right,
stuck on the borderline
going out of my mind,
out of body
when i’m around,
got me flying
100 miles
but i can’t go
in a straight line,
no view to admire
in the middle of nowhere,
no light to shine
when i’m losing it all,
sanity escapes me,
got no one to call,
no purpose in life,
so i travel
on my own,
while my brain
is going
out of control.

fuck new friends,
i want my friends,
tried to be there
for the team,
but it seems
they don’t need me,
would they care
if i leave?
inconspicuously
make my escape
like a thief
in the night,
sneak away
without a peep,
like i was never there,
follow the lights,
wherever they lead,
take the path
and see where it goes,
little did i know
that lonely road
was the only place
i’d call home.

so this
is what it’s like
to be alone,
everyone else fought
but i was the one
who lost,
now they’re all gone,
king of self-sabotage
works his magic
like always,
every time
it goes right,
i find a way
to spite myself,
so all i’ve got
is these words i write,
as i take the wheel
and drive,
hoping to find
some direction
when all that’s left
is the endless nothing
i’m faced with.

where to next?

No comments:

Post a Comment