Saturday, September 2, 2023

2. running

love got me blind,
suddenly,
i can’t even drive
in a straight line
because you’re back
on my mind,
you’re all i think of,
despite the fact
that i’ve got
all these distractions,
even when i’m not
throwing lines,
i’m somehow
catching catfishes,
tired of this spam
in my mentions,
i just want you,
tell me
that it’ll be alright,
i want to know
you see me,
because lately,
i don’t believe in me.

i’m trying to meet
your expectations,
but i feel like
i can’t reach ‘em,
i’m trying to be
the best version of me,
but i’m struggling,
stuck wondering
if i’ve done enough,
love you most
but you’re the one
i’m running from,
held it all in
for so long,
but it’s started to burst,
the feelings so extreme,
got me passing
the speed limit,
returned to the neighborhood,
but what will i find?

finally back,
but what did it cost?
walk in
and i’m all alone,
house doesn’t feel
like a home,
nothing makes sense
to me anymore,
but i guess it beats
being in the quiet streets,
wish i could see you
but i doubt you’d want me,
not after the way
i took my leave,
just know i missed you
more than you’ll ever know,
i believe in you
more than myself,
and i hope you’ll listen
to the stories
i still have left to tell.

hope you’re doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment