Saturday, September 2, 2023

3. cool kids

staring at the ceiling
in my room,
falling to the pits
of my doom,
consumes me
as i pass the time,
trying to find
the right rhyme
but all i do
is fall in line,
nihilist,
i’m numb to it,
no more meaning
to my life,
used to be the guy,
but now
i’m not even worth
a side-eye,
barely worth it
to even wonder why.

lay awake
as i face
the music,
i’m not
one of the cool kids,
doing cool things,
making memories,
i’m holed up
in the house
while the lovers play,
they have their way
while i’m the one
with the price to pay,
staring out the window,
hoping for a better day,
my youth
getting thrown away,
don’t cry for me
‘cause i’m the one
that deserves the blame,
wasn’t worth the trouble,
i’m not fun enough anyway.

too much to take on,
give it a day or two
and i’ll be gone,
then everyone
will move on,
find a new song
and sing along,
always told
i was supposed
to be strong,
but i feel like
i can’t go on,
pain’s supposed to last
for how long?
the wave of life
still stringing me along,
land of the departed,
my mind’s been haunted,
get me off this,
sick of feeling exhausted,
one life offered
and i’ve wasted it,
how much more
can i author?

i’ve lost it.

No comments:

Post a Comment