Tuesday, August 13, 2024

2. right all along

money changed it all,
suddenly i saw
my circle getting small,
but the faces
started changing,
takin’ em out west
to see the sunset
at the strip,
dinners out at nobu
with some chick
that i just met,
but i can never
let ‘em see
the house in the hills,
retreat back
after another failed date,
scribble all the pain
out on the page,
got told i fell off
by someone
who never got up,
once it was all love,
now they’re mad
they got caught.

i don’t got haters,
i got people
that hate themselves
and project that
onto me,
i don’t got friends,
i got people
that count on me
when it’s convenient,
i don’t got lovers,
i got people
who only call me
when they need a fix,
i can’t sell you
a dream,
but i’ll let you rent it
with no fees,
try to say
that you’ve been
missing me
just to get in
‘cause you want
this shit for free.

can’t wait for fate
to play its game,
taylor made
the way they’ll say
i was right all along,
they’ll see you
for who you really are
and they’ll walk away
without me even needing
to crash out,
i really came close
a couple other times,
better count your blessings
and watch the way
you talk,
one wrong word
and i’ll make you wish
you never had a mouth,
fuck the fame
and the position
it gave me,
i’ll go off the record
and drop the record
just to leave you wrecked.

don’t tempt me.

No comments:

Post a Comment