Tuesday, August 13, 2024

4. damn, that's crazy. anyway...

ticket paid
for the seat
but i had ‘em
all on their feet,
star of the show,
i was the lead
and the feature
at the same time,
only one who could
beat me
was me,
‘cause my top five
was just me five times,
swept ‘em off
their feet
with live shows
like you’ve never seen,
the stage was my home,
call me the GOAT,
so comfortable
on the throne,
couldn’t have a soul
at my throat,
and i had everybody
tryna hop on the boat.

baby girl was married
but she still hit me
in my DMs,
said these pics
won’t hurt
if he don’t see ‘em,
lil mama
came up in the place,
wanna say she ate
but she was really
a ten,
she let me in her room,
told her this new era
ain’t it,
but she still let me hit,
outta the park,
a showman like harper,
then she said
she’d end it with him
to be with me,
but i couldn’t stay
long enough to sleep,
i was on to the next one,
no jay-z or swizzy,
but you know
i was fancy,
she loved how i sang
that sweet R&B,
had all the keys
like i was alicia,
no, SZA,
i could only keep her
for the weeknd.

had everything i wanted
then asked “now what?”
made a billi’
then i thought
i’d be happier than ever,
but even with the world
screaming my name,
i felt like
i had nothing
when i walked off
that stage,
they didn’t care
about me
‘til i put on the mask,
parties were fun
for a minute
but i couldn’t stick with it,
look in the mirror
and hated what i was seeing,
who was i
underneath
my accomplishments?
tearing me apart
to let this character go on,
i gotta run from this life
before my time is gone.

get me back to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment