Tuesday, August 13, 2024

6. buried alive

never even
wanted to come
to this club tonight,
i just needed to see
if it was true,
she’s lip-locking
with that man
and i can’t stand
to even see his face,
i tried to accept it
but i could never
look him in his eyes
and respect him
as a man,
can’t help but think
that he’s turning you
into someone you’re not,
got you thinking
you’re his muse
while he’s preying
on your youth
to fuel his ego.

and it’s got me
thinking back to you,
the bright, smiling face,
the laughs
we used to share,
never a day
where you didn’t
cheer me up,
your optimism
made my darkest hours
feel more like minutes,
the memories flooded back
but then were gone
with the quickness,
a minute ago
it was vivid,
now i can’t even
picture it,
the girl that i knew
is no longer you,
and i can’t stand
to see it.

maybe i drank too much
and now i’m peaking,
but i’m trying
not to get up
and sock him,
not enough that he
always bullied me,
but now,
he wants to
weasel his way
into the family tree,
made my life
a living torment,
never knew
how to treat a woman,
now he thinks
i’ll just accept him
like all that shit
was nothing,
promised mom
before she left
that i’d protect you
however i can,
and i know
i gotta let you grow,
but i can’t let him
break you
and place the trauma
upon you
like he did to me.

i just want
my little sister back.

No comments:

Post a Comment