Tuesday, August 13, 2024

8. donuts for dinner

i hate him
so much
because i’m not
the one
in his shoes,
everything he does
comes so natural
and he had everyone
flocking to him,
a new girl
snuggled comfy
in his arm
every other day,
always seemed so strong
and sure of himself,
how could i contend
with someone
who had it all?
sweeter than eating
donuts for dinner,
and all i’d see
was everything
i couldn’t be.

i hate him
so much
because i want him
for myself,
every time
i saw her lay
a kiss on the cheek,
i ran off to cry,
had to hide it
every time
because for a man
to weep
was to be weak,
it seemed,
but how could i make
him love me?
barely have the nerve
to muster up
a “hello,”
a snowball’s chance
at best
he even acknowledges
that i exist.

i love him
so much
and he could never
be mine,
it’s clear
i’m not his type,
so maybe,
i should stop trying,
learn one day
to be a friend
at best,
a quick look
and he comes
with a greeting,
that charisma
has my heart bleeding,
but i try to keep
my cool,
then suddenly,
i feel his pull
as he leans in
and his lips
lock in,
the last thought
that crossed my mind
when he walked by,
but it’s true…

he loves me, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment