Monday, February 26, 2018

10. famous

i gotta say,
i’m glad i’m
not famous right now.
everyone used to say
“i wanna do this,
i wanna do that,
i want the cameras
following me,
i want the world
to know me,”
and i may have
thought that before,
but i’m glad
i’m not thinking like that.

if i was famous,
i wouldn’t be able
to go to the bathroom
without a camera staring
at me.
if i was famous,
i’d have spray-tan
tweeting about me
at 3 in the morning
because disagreeing
with him is
“WRONG!”
if i was famous,
my friends would
feel uncomfortable
because they’d be
getting followed like me.
if i was famous,
i wouldn’t even HAVE time
for my friends.

there’s more to life
than just having
a wikipedia page
and being all over
the news.
life is chill
as it is right now,
so i’m not quite ready
to change everything
and be that big.

not that it wouldn’t be nice, though…

No comments:

Post a Comment