Sunday, February 25, 2018

8. knee-deep

4:44 in the morning,
i lay and imagine
all the beautiful things
we could do together.

netflix and chill
doesn’t have to be
what everyone thinks:
there’s plenty of disney films
on there, ya know.
or maybe we can
relax on the couch,
fire up the playstation,
and let kingdom hearts
sweep us in,
you’ll be the kairi
to my sora.

or maybe you can
show me your
artwork,
and teach me your process.
i can bring you to
my keyboard downstairs,
i’ll play some chords,
and we’ll sing
the night away,
sweet songs about love,
and happiness,
and being together.

man, i’m so sentimental,
hopelessly knee-deep,
just waiting forever,
scared out of my mind.
you’re too sweet,
what do i have
to be scared of?

well, myself actually.
what if i mess up?
what if i say
the wrong thing?
what if i come on
too strong?
what if i end up
too cheesy?
what if you
end up
liking someone else?

it’s a vicious cycle,
longing for just
one person.
took 19 years
for me to even
think about such a thing,
guess all i can do
is just wait;
it could take 353 days,
maybe more, maybe less,
you can never tell
how long “soon” is,

but i’ll keep waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment