Sunday, February 25, 2018

7. happy thoughts

can’t even walk
without feeling unsafe,
can’t even turn
without thinking you’re there,
and i know it’s
all in the mind,
but the visions purge through,
they’re so real yet so fake.

and i hear all
the little noises,
start thinking
something will get me,
but my mind just
makes everything up,
creates a vibrant image
of my fears
and throws them at me
in the strangest of times.
might as well
put me up there
with winona
because i’m uneasy,
and if this keeps up,
i’ll lose my will, too.

you knew that one was coming,
didn’t you?

it had to be there,
i need the peace,
get in a better frame
of mind,
stop letting my brain
control my visions
and stop creating
these things that just
don’t happen
because of my fear.

think of her,
her smile,
her kindness,
imagine yourself
with her,
think of how she
stole your heart,
but how she’s done
such a beautiful job
holding it hostage
and treating it well.

think happy thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment