Sunday, February 25, 2018

6. walls

the walls around me,
they close in tighter,
and i can’t take
this pressure
any longer.
the pain courses
through my whole body,
i thought i could
isolate it to just one,
but now it’s taking over,
and i don’t know
how to stop it.

no single medicine
can ease the burden,
the hottest of showers
relaxes me temporarily,
but once i’m out,
i just fall right down.
there’s no longer
any feeling
in any part of me,
and i just want
to go to my bed,
but i can hardly move.

my heart races,
my breath shortens,
my fear grows,
as i wonder
what happens next?
i crawl to my bed,
climb onto it
and close my eyes.
everything around me
just stop!
please!
walls, stop closing!
pain, go away!
give me back
the energy i once had!

but then, the next morning,
it’s all gone.
suddenly, it’s back to normal:
the walls go back
to where they’re supposed to be,
the medicine worked out,
i’m wide awake,
the feeling is back,
and i’m eager
to take on the day.

pretty strange, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment