Saturday, June 27, 2020

10. self-destructive

gone ballistic,
life’s biggest cynic
only spill more pain
in each lyric,
i can’t see straight,
tough to say i’m okay,
but that’s the only word
that comes out,
tough to explain it,
feel like i’m self-destructing,
any day, i’ll just break down,
on the verge of shutting off,
walk into another wall,
still in a desperate crawl
for some meaning or reason.

almost got the urge
to burst into a church,
rockin’ my xo shirt,
middle fingers up,
scream “fuck the world,”
maybe He’ll hear that,
years of ignoring,
turning against me
and the ones i love,
maybe He’ll listen,
he’ll finally see me
when i come to bargain,
start to pick the bone
after He sowed the seeds
of doubt in my mind,
and spat out the prayers
right back in my face.

you took everything from me,
i never forgot,
started with my job,
claimed my friends
and took love from my soul,
ripped my college away,
i can tell you’re trying
to take poetry from me,
and now it’s feeling
like you want my life.
i’m not just your puppet,
and i’m not ready to go,
you’ve taken the positivity,
sucked away everything,
but i no longer fear you,
my worship,
you’re not worth it,
won’t help me
or the ones i prayed for.
get right with you?
nah, that time‘s gone,
and i’m not coming around.

No comments:

Post a Comment