Saturday, June 27, 2020

6. back to the wall

i’ve learned to live
with my back to the wall,
‘cause people try to act
like they know it all,
i’ve bit my lip on shit
and tried to keep it all in,
although i hold my tongue,
doesn’t mean i forget,
these days, i’ve become
so accustomed to losing,
all these late nights
where i can’t even sleep,
what’s haunting me?
won’t let it be the past,
but looking ahead,
i think i’m the outcast.

golf clap on a win,
the crowd roars at a loss,
i know they wait
for me to fall,
give ‘em something
to talk about,
whisper down the lane
when my head turns away,
then they smile in my face
and pretend it’s okay,
turn off the gaslight,
quit that manipulative shit,
laughed at my pain,
won’t acknowledge
my accomplishments.

no one wanted me to win,
i guess i’ll try it myself,
pushed away the petty,
but i’m ready
to talk my shit
if it pops off like that,
and i’m still happy
for the people that stay,
stick around when i’m down,
but shh…
everybody quiet now,
poetry king’s reading out,
silencing all the doubters.

No comments:

Post a Comment