Saturday, June 27, 2020

7. masterclass

always set the bar
so high,
like i’m the only one
to reach it,
album after album,
my words cut deeper
with each new read,
i write and i flow,
maybe i’ve still got more
than a decade to go,
no pressure,
each new record
is a stepping stone,
further and further
i push past
my comfort zone,
hope for another album
worthy of the throne.

can’t beat the classics,
so let’s make new ones,
no comparisons,
just more masterclasses,
rack up the acclaim
every day,
real pain on the page
and i’m not running
out of space,
keep saying my piece,
not scared to speak
through my medium,
and i’ll keep doing it,
for everyone who never
got the chance,
forced into silence,
no more staying quiet.

all i wanna do
is take away
the expectations
they place on me,
get rid of the box,
it’s blinding,
i’m breaking out,
i’ll scream it aloud,
never stick to one style,
i write as i please,
spill out my thoughts,
turn my false hopes
into powerful works,
make an impact
that’s strong,
even after i’m gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment