Monday, August 29, 2022

10. alright

i hope i find
comfort in my mind
one day,
win these battles
i’ve been fated to face,
never asked for it,
but i gotta learn
to make the most of it,
they want to turn
the prophet to a pariah
but i’ll get through it
like mariah in ‘05,
emancipation of me,
i’m still waiting
for my time,
but soon, i’ll be free
and peace will be mine.

i hope i make
something of myself
one day,
hope i can swerve
well enough
to avoid the snakes,
always knew
they were fake,
but i let them back in,
my mistake,
try not to make
that again,
i hope my mind
can escape
the bad place,
want to stay away,
i hope one day,
i could be okay.

and to all my friends
that have stuck with me
through the pain,
i hope we ride it out
the rest of the way,
i hope that nothing
makes us separate,
i hope we reach
greater places
and maintain
our relationships,
we’ve walked through
our share of fires,
but we’ll make it out
and go higher,
i hope we see
each other’s successes
to the end,
we might be playing
with a trick hand,
but one day,
we’re gonna win.

we’re gonna be alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment