Monday, August 29, 2022

4. crunch

i hate myself
whenever i’m not
working on something,
easily distracted,
my mind
spending all it’s time
wandering,
everything takes
my attention
all at once,
but i gotta focus,
all about the work,
hustle culture,
they told me
this is all it takes
to get to success,
put in the work
and you get
the results.

bullshit.

if hard work
was really the key,
i wouldn’t have
to worry
about a dollar,
i wouldn’t
have to fear
that i won’t
be livin’
in a house
this time next year,
my résumé
does a lot
of speaking,
but by the end
of the evening,
i’m still bleeding,
just want to have
one day
where i gain respect.

but instead,
i’m still typing
at 5 am,
the sun’s up
and i’m stuck
on this one line,
i can’t sleep
because i’m still scared
of the monster
under my bed,
it’s moving
to my head,
and it’s taking
everything from me,
my entire life is spiraling
right when everything
was looking up.

no breaks, just crunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment