Monday, August 29, 2022

8. the warning

my greatest blessing
is life
and my biggest curse
is life,
got this trauma
from my strife,
that’s why my head’s
in the clouds,
but when i come down,
i’m exposing these clowns,
i got a bone to pick
and i’m cleaning it dry,
kicked and i’m tired,
but i’m back up again,
pick up the pen,
got a warning to send.

spent all my time
running like i’m munson,
but this is my year,
i was your puppet
for too long,
and now i’m the master,
done conforming
to what you want
out of me,
because Lord knows
you won’t recover
if you lower your voice
enough to hear my side,
better keep your head
on the swivel
and the ears up high,
‘cause the alpha dog
will get snipped
if he doesn’t reign
his ego in.

i’ve been spending
my life in a fight,
the industry keeps trying
to dim my light,
scared of the power
of what i write,
editors wanna take
food from my plate,
they tried to give me
the short end
of the stick,
i sharpened that shit,
now it’s the tool
that i’ll use to win,
fuck the establishment,
you and the fucking
horse that rode in,
keep running,
that karma
will come heavy
in the end.

strap in.

No comments:

Post a Comment