Monday, August 29, 2022

9. pain into production

another day
spent sick of life,
kicking me
while i’m down,
everything’s going
in a circle,
trying to find comfort
while i’m laying
on a bed of nails,
i wanna get better,
i’m screaming for it,
crying for help
but the help i need
ain’t getting
back to me,
how can we
break the stigma
with a lack of
availability?

7/7 my birth,
but i can’t
feel lucky,
one digit short,
so now i’m cursed,
and i’ve been
through the ringer,
traumatized
while few dared
to bat an eye,
sent off
all my good
to the wrong ones,
lost the trust
i once had,
always forced
to have my back
to the wall.

but i’m still here.

i haven’t given in,
and it’s not
in my plans,
i never tried
to compromise,
no matter
how little credit
comes my way,
i’ve turned my pain
into production,
and soon,
it’ll be paper,
one of these days,
they’ll be screaming
my name,
and i’ll look
at all who doubted
and laugh
in their faces.

one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment