Thursday, May 9, 2019

2. 2002

pre-school days
like the rugrats,
i liked to think i
was like chuckie,
since i’d always
be afraid, even
my own shadow
made me jump.
funny how little
has changed up.
stuffed animals
kept me company
after a late night
with jimmy jimmy
at the candy bar.

spent everyday with
my toy story 2 and
monsters, inc. vhs’s,
and mama took us
driving, she played
her whitney cd and
i thought that i could
one day be a singer,
or maybe an actor.
listen to those lies,
really thought i’d
have the talent to
even succeed at it.
wonder what young
me would think if he
saw himself at twenty.

he’d probably like the
new video games, but
i wish i could go back
to play what he missed.
swindle with sly cooper,
soak up some sunshine
with mario on the island,
and maybe try to finish
that spider-man game
thirteen years earlier.
he never did pay much
attention to his games
after the very first level.

easily distracted, just like now.

No comments:

Post a Comment