Thursday, May 9, 2019

6. 2009

new school, new life,
same stupid hair, but
my fears weren’t big
like before, no bullies
to break my mood, i’d
felt more comfortable,
the start of the middle
was so different but it
was nice to finally feel
like i could walk into a
room without someone
trying to hit me, though
homework was a killer,
it could’ve gone worse.

they could’ve bullied
because i looked like
a girl, or because i’d
gather round the tv
for season 3 of nbb,
thought they’d turn
on me for that lone
time that i cheated
during a vocabulary
test and forged my
mama’s signing on
the detention slip.

she still doesn’t know.

but no, they all forgot,
and life moved on, just
in some unusual ways:
carl tied balloons and
flew to paradise falls,
didn’t get what he had
wanted but at least the
movie made us all cry,
nat and alex had their
show cancelled but i
saw them in my city
for just one last time,
penn’s landing, what
a ride in the crazy car.

i kinda wanna go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment