Thursday, May 9, 2019

9. 2015

even as i wanted to
forget freshman year,
junior/senior was the
time of my life, finally
felt confident and had
the world on my side,
never had a day where
i felt like no one cared,
didn’t have a moment
where i felt invalid, this
was just a perfect era.

awoke every day and
looked in the mirror, i
always had faith and
told myself “i got it,”
i oozed confidence,
never had to look for
validation from others
because i just believed
in myself, inside and out,
emotions under control, i
knew i was the shit, never
needed someone to say it.

and i knew i earned it,
always worth it, even
when i was all alone,
never self-hated as i
was too busy with my
rock band’s comeback,
a year full of happiness,
the blessings fell into my
lap and the gifts all just
kept right on giving, felt
like God had all the best
intentions for me in 2015.

back when life was happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment