Friday, November 2, 2018

5. golden sunshine ride (๐Ÿ…☀️๐ŸŽข)

nervous shakes as we
enter the roller coaster,
i’m not one to ride these,
but let’s give this a try.
it’s a bright golden car,
vibrant as the sunlight,
we enter inside and i
take one deep breath.
the seatbelts go on and
the rails go down on us,
and just before we move,
i decide to close my eyes.

everything else is all
just a blur from here,
twists and turns at
the fastest of speeds,
everything’s turning
upside down on me,
i can’t get a handle
on what’s going on,
but i enjoy it while
it all rushes along.
and in this moment,
there’s so much joy.

no other worries for me,
the golden sunshine ride
carries me along and it
runs on pure adrenaline.
it pushes and moves in
ways that i can’t predict,
and it gives me a thrill,
if only for a few minutes.
but there’s one big thing
i learned from this ride:
the things that go up
all have to come down.

golden sunshine ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment