Friday, November 2, 2018

8. ghost chill (๐Ÿ‘ป❄️)

it’s been cold out
around these parts,
or so i’m led to think,
because everyone is
walking around with
sweat dripping down,
as the sweltering sun
beats on their faces.
clearly uncomfortable,
they go on their way,
to enjoy the summer
and play, and relax,
while i rest here with
my winter clothes on.

it must be that
a ghost is afoot.
it roams around,
ignoring me but
leaving a mark,
the silence hits
harder than the
spoken word can.
i want it to speak,
but the ghost just
goes on its way,
never to utter a
single syllable.

what did i do to
deserve this mess?
all i want is a friend,
but this silent spirit
haunts me evermore.
a torturous entity that
doesn’t want me but
roams close by and
refuses to go away.
but no one sees it,
because it’s only
in my own mind,
the ghost goes,
it has other friends
that it hits up on
the text every day,
but it would never
do that with me, so
why won’t it go away?

ghost chill.

No comments:

Post a Comment