Sunday, March 10, 2019

1. head on the swivel

moving out with my
head on the swivel
because i’m at war,
the world’s watching
and i’m stuck in fear,
like any day i’m gonna
fall into a hole that i’ll
never crawl my way
out of, and i’ll never
have anyone to help
lift me from it, either.

i put my hood up as i
step outside and then,
the sun shines a little
less as i walk out, and
the clouds open on me,
the joy of the day is away,
blue sky goes gray, and i
wanna go lay back in bed.
but alas, i keep on going,
yet i walk with a fear that
bad news is soon to come,
something’s lurking around
and i can’t point to what it is.

it’s all in my mind, but
i’m battling with myself,
and i can’t stop these
thoughts from purging
and taking my positivity.
too intimidated by what
could possibly happen,
and i just want it all to
go away, but i do have
to watch out because
this happens to be the
scariest time for me.

let’s talk about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment