Thursday, March 21, 2019

9. perspective

i guess i feel like
i needed to “quit.”

i thought it would
just be a little troll,
but i realize that it
gave me a good bit
of perspective, and
it made me start to
realize the words i
write mean a thing
or two to the people
supporting what i do.

even if it’s me just
hopelessly moping,
repeating the words
i wrote before about
a love that will never
be with me, there is
someone who feels it,
and it really connects,
i just have to know it
and tell myself these
poems are important.

i would leave behind
a lot if i gave it all up,
so many people that
i’ve brought along for
this journey, i couldn’t
leave or forget them,
even the ones who’ve
stopped reading these.
who would i be to stop
and rid myself of what
i love doing so much?

i think it’s time
for a resurrection.

No comments:

Post a Comment