Sunday, March 10, 2019

4. night terrors

harder and harder
to rest up at night,
i lay wide awake,
watching as all my
night terrors pop up,
keep me from sleep,
even when i’m tired
and craving it most.
can’t let myself just
float to dream world
when they’re all here
trying to terrify me.

i’m feeling something
that’s not even here,
it’s grabbing me and
i can’t tell if this is an
angel or a devil, where
it’s taking me, the road
i’m going down and, wow,
i can’t close my eyes and
let myself sleep because
i’m petrified of what will
happen to me or you, it’s
the scary time of year and
no rest is in sight right now.

all my thoughts crash
to the forefront as i’m
laying in my bed, and
they keep me up even
when my eyes are shut,
sick to my stomach as
i contemplate the fear,
the worry, and all that
life could throw at me
in any old given week,
i’m weak with anxiety,
i can’t bear the pain.

can i just sleep, please?

No comments:

Post a Comment