Sunday, March 10, 2019

5. melancholy

awoken to a new day,
but something simply
doesn’t feel right, i’m
down on my luck but
i can’t figure out why.
just one of those days
where i don’t want to
get myself out of bed,
i’m just laying still and
waiting for something
that’ll make me move,
but nothing even works.

this is melancholy.

sadness without reason,
a loss of hope, and a big
empty feeling inside me,
like the world would hate
to see me winning, and
it’s the perfect way for
me to start off my day.
joyless mess of a brain
takes over and it makes
me feel like i’m hated, i’m
not good enough for you.

this is melancholy.

and if i could make
it go away, i would,
but no matter what,
it wallows and stays,
purging my happiness,
pain to my mental state
as i fail to create some
enthusiastic moments.
guess i’m blessed with
these tensions and i’m
bound to stay uneasy
even when i’m content.

this is melancholy.

No comments:

Post a Comment