Thursday, March 21, 2019

resurrection preface


my 22nd poetry album is called “resurrection.” before writing this album, i had told people on my social media that i was “quitting” poetry. initially, i had just meant it as a troll because, when i posted my last poem “now it sucks,” i had thought just minutes before posting “hey, what if i told everyone i was quitting?” what started as a harmless troll actually gave me the concept for the album: i didn’t expect that people would be as upset about me leaving as they were, and even if i was just trolling and never actually planned on quitting, telling people that honestly gave me some perspective and helped me realize some things. thanks for that, guys. (oh, and i decided to buck the trend of releasing this at midnight so that i could put it out on world poetry day of march 21st. happy world poetry day!)

1. burial

2. eulogy

3. time away

4. my biggest critic

5. started to wonder

6. a letter from a fan

7. come back

8. my impact

9. perspective

10. resurrection

No comments:

Post a Comment