Thursday, January 3, 2019

1. fragile

i’ve been told before
that i’m too sensitive.
my heart’s too fragile,
i’m hurt too easily, and
people are scared they
will hurt or change me.
i guess there are things
you don’t really outgrow,
and some things are just
harder to change for me.

i wish i could change
my overly-sensitive,
super-nervous state
sometimes, and i do
wish i could get rid of
my anxiety, but i can’t.
it just kinda sticks, and
even when i’m feeling
a little better than usual,
something pops up that
makes me think about
why i’m always anxious.

maybe it’s a memory
from when she cared,
or when i got to see him
and hold him in my arms.
maybe i get anxious now
because it’s 6:17 am and
i haven’t tried to sleep yet.
maybe i’m anxious that i’ll
wake up at 4 pm again and
waste yet another day of my
winter break in my pajamas.

or maybe i’m just anxious
because it’s how i’m made.
i’m just made to be a mess,
an easily-broken person who
finds myself too often hurting,
unable to handle it and fix my
problems on my own, instead
clinging on to all of my friends,
because i’m overly-dependent
and too often begging for them
to love me and give me attention.

i wish i could be different.

No comments:

Post a Comment