Thursday, January 31, 2019

2. nightcrawler

sleepless night, as
it crawls above me
along my ceiling, i
try closing my eyes,
but the click-clack
of the footsteps is
keeping ‘em open
wide as i lay here.
paranoia sets in,
since i previously
had your friend
crawl on my leg,
two others dead,
but you’re playing
hard-to-get, i see.

i just want to sleep,
scaring me and as
i try to keep myself
from tightening up,
but i can’t relax and
my mind’s just stuck
in this sad worry that
you’ll fall through and
land atop my body, i’ll
wake up to you, jump
but not for joy, all the
daylights gone and my
shakes kick in, petrified.

you guys really like
to mess with me, huh?
despite the discomfort,
you desperately try and
distract me, freak me out,
just fuck up my flow and
positive place i’ve put my
passion into, is it payback?
bad position, leaves me here
puzzled and always pondering.

how did you even get up there?

No comments:

Post a Comment