Monday, January 21, 2019

walking in the rain

the night falls and
as i walk on my way,
rain pours on down,
drenching me in its
sad, cold embrace.
just this jacket here,
no umbrella to help
keep me dry, and as
the water splashes,
pours onto my face,
hands are ice blocks,
phone’s dead and i’m
out here on my own.

the streets are barren,
everyone already home,
comfortable, wrapped in
the blankets, all warmed up,
perhaps in one’s arms, as
they lay in comfort, away
from the blackening night.
meanwhile, i move down
these streets, empty and
alone in my thoughts, can’t
call anyone, i just wander.
where does the lonely lane
lead me to this late? light?

seems there’s none.
just the memories of
when i roamed with
reason, when i was
returning from real,
wonderful moments.
but it’s all in the past,
never getting it back,
so i trudge forward,
searching for solace
in a world that takes
the ones that i love,
makes them figments
of a lost imagination.

it’s really cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment