Thursday, January 3, 2019

10. ultimatum

so, i always feel like
these albums should
have an ultimatum, or
something to finish off
on a stronger note, but
i really don’t know how
i’m gonna do that here.

i’ve already changed this a few times.

part of me doesn’t even
really know what to call
this album, i’ve gone and
retitled it several times.
“naked?” “i’m broken?”
“i’m hurt?” just “broken?”
feels like it just doesn’t
come through as easily.

and what’s the message here?

stuff hurts, my heart’s broken,
life really hates me, and it likes
to make me feel like i’m shitty?

woof, wholesome content here.

i guess all i can do
is sit back and hope
2019 is kinder to me
than 2018 was, right?
maybe there won’t be
as much heartbreak,
positive thinking won’t
just feel like an attempt
to not break down, and
it might yield the results
that i’ve been looking for.
maybe i’ll get out more,
make better memories,
and just end up happier.

tough to say, i know,
but i just hope that
this year brings me
a bit of peace and a
little bit less anger.
whatever the result,
i at least hope that
my friends stick by,
help when i’m down,
and keep supporting
and reading my work.

that sounds nice. i like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment