Thursday, January 31, 2019

4. never change

you always hear them
saying not to change,
but they don’t know
i’m always changing.
you just never realize
the battles that go on
behind these scenes,
when the phones are
down and the world
doesn’t capture me.
you don’t see what
happens inside that
changes every day.

the last year made
me more cynical,
but also made me
gentler as well, it
made me doubt
love, pushed me
away from God,
it took some trust
away from me, it
made me feel like
i belonged, but it
had me feeling i
was out of place
at the same time.

everything was a
whirlwind, and it
also changed me,
even though i was
told not to change.
i’m still me, but i’m
a different me, and
yeah, i do like this
new me, but i also
don’t like things,
and i wish i could
fix them, but i guess
i should never change.

my mind is strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment