Monday, September 17, 2018

1. fire

yeah, the fire’s lit…
angry matt’s here…
hope i don’t lose you
along the way, just…
have to get shit out…

yeah.

so i bet you weren’t
expecting me to go
angry with this one,
“oh, he’s all sad and
he gets in his feels,
how angry can he
possibly get, huh?”
well, let me just start
this thing off by saying
you can fuck yourself
if you think i’ll make
a shitty album now.

don’t tell me i can’t
unleash the anger,
i’m tired of being
afraid to speak out.
sat here in sadness
for too fucking long,
i’m tired of everyone
fucking with me now.
the people who act
like i’m cared for, when
i’m a means to an end
until they find someone
that’s better than me.
the people that thirst
and only care for me
if it means i can post
a pic without my shirt.
and the people that try
to discourage me from
being who i want to be,
kick my ass, you pricks.

yeah, i’m taking it there,
i’ll tell you to kiss my ass
and go fuck yourself now,
because i’m tired of feeling
too scared to speak, and
i’m tired of always feeling
like i can’t get angry with it.
friends will turn to enemies,
“i don’t like this new you,”
well, fuck you too, then,
if you don’t want me to be
unapologetic for once,
then don’t let the door
hit you on your way out.
these are my words and
no one will take away
the power of what i say.

No comments:

Post a Comment