Friday, September 14, 2018

one year preface


to coincide with the one-year anniversary of when i wrote my first poem (which was “my dear,” might i add), i decided to write a new full-length album “one year.” i even went a little longer with it and wrote 12 poems instead of my standard 10. it’s basically a celebration of every full-length album (10 or more poems) that i’ve written to date, where i basically talk about the thought process that went into each album and basically take you behind the scenes of what inspired the albums, what i think of them now, and more. it’s also a slightly more confident album, and it does feature a few more touches of braggadocio sprinkled in there. i’ll give some brief descriptions below.

1. “freedom of the verse” - the first full-length album i wrote. this one dealt with a diverse range of topics, from heartbreak to anger to even some political messages.

2. “what happens” - my sophomore album. this was one i actually had a few regrets about, which you’ll see in the poem.

3. “cooper” - obviously, an album i wrote about my dog, who passed away in december of 2017.

4. “i’m still me” - my longest album yet (well, tied with this one), and an album that even touched on some weird, unexpected topics.

5. “all in the mind” - my first troll album.

6. “party time” - my first attempt at telling a fictional story across an album, and my first real attempt at making an album where you have to read the poems from 1-10 to understand said story.

7. “king’s back” - a much more confident album that sees me bragging about myself, and my standing as a poet.

8. “electric boogaloo” - my second troll album. i said i’d be a failure if i didn’t make a piece of art called “electric boogaloo,” so i did.

9. “big kid” - a much weirder album structurally, but one that showcases me in a vulnerable state, being scared of growing up.

10. “polarized” - an album that touches on a very difficult topic that i’m not sure many people picked up on: bipolar disorder.

11. “i’m not okay” - an album where i hit my all-time lowest point, and pretty much was not happy whatsoever.

12. “one year” - it’s a poem about the album you’re reading! yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment