Monday, September 17, 2018

3. loyal

i wanna know what
it really means to
call yourself “loyal.”
who are the people
that can really be
“loyal” to you?
because i start to
question just how
loyal you are now.
how much do you
even care for me?

where were you at
when i was at my
absolute low point?
didn’t even care to
check up on me, huh?
what about when i
thought i would die?
were you the one to
twist the knife in me
or take the killing shot?
how about when i felt
like i would give up and
never feel happy again?
did you laugh at me when
i wasn’t looking your way?

i wanna know who’s
really loyal to me,
who’s really there to
catch me when i fall
and who’s just gonna
pull up a chair and
enjoy some popcorn
as my body drops.
i wanna know who’s
worth fighting for in
this fucked up world,
where everyone hates
and kicks to the curb,
where no one loves you
until your six feet under
and they can’t mooch
off of your kindness like
they would always do.

No comments:

Post a Comment