Friday, September 14, 2018

10. "polarized"

you know…
i thought that the
last one would be
tough to follow up…
i changed my mind,
this one’s tough to
follow up on for me…

10th album down,
my child is here,
tackling shit that
most wouldn’t think.
not easy to speak on,
no matter the time,
i wonder if people got it
when they first read it.
tried to make it known
through the titles and
cover art, but i don’t
know who picked up
the theme that i had.
few people talk to me
about my work, so i
never have a thought.

bipolar.

i hated the album,
went off of a simple
online test, and you
never can trust those.
just sat in my basement
across one night and
wrote out these poems
of self-love and self-hate.
what did i think i would
get out of the project?
more time to wallow in
my own silly self-loathing?

bipolar.

it’s a great album,
even if it was a test,
you never can take
anything for granted.
chose not to sulk and
went in one night and
just wrote out poems,
both happy and sad.
it was a good way to
talk a little about it
without giving away
every tiny detail of it.

you can see how my
brain just wanders,
one minute i’m happy,
one minute i’m sad,
two opposites collide
and come crashing in,
but i’ve dealt with it all
and i keep on pushing
because life’s got so
much to offer to me.
when you’re stuck in
shit that’s got you down,
you always got to find
ways to manage it all,
and it’s never bad to
let it out through art.
just keep going strong
and don’t let bad things
knock you off the throne.

yeah, tough topics here…
not easy to talk about but…
i think i did it well, do you…
i don’t have a long ad-lib
for this one, unfortunately…
but man, i love this album…

polarized.

No comments:

Post a Comment