Monday, September 17, 2018

7. humble

let’s talk for a minute
about this stuff here,
my success and words
and all that i do with it,
let’s talk about how i
react to the poems,
you know i come alive
when i’m writing it out,
and i’m not even scared
to pipe my own poetry up.

“he’s so sweet,”
“he’s so humble”
fuck that shit, man,
i’m so selfish with it,
poetry king right here,
can’t take my crown.
who’s dropping as much
good poetry as me, huh?
can’t name them because
they don’t exist, that right?

and you know no one’s
gonna pipe it up for me,
naturally i gotta love it,
a lot goes into the words
that i write out for these,
and even if none of you
want to read what i say,
i’m still gonna push it,
better learn to love it.
i’d rather peak in college
with my amazing poems
than peak in high school
with shitty ass diss tracks.

yeah, i want the love,
you see what i do,
160+ in over a year,
can you do it, too?
and what the fuck
is burnout, huh?
cut that shit off.
i’m not with it,
i’m not leaving,
i’m not stopping,
i’m not quitting,
shit’s not ending,
it’s better now than
it’s ever been before.
better get used to me,
i’m sticking around,
not a damn person’s
gonna take my crown.

No comments:

Post a Comment