Friday, September 14, 2018

4. "i'm still me"

right back at it now…
this was a massive one…
almost like a super-album
given how long it was, you know…

gotta love it.

two months later,
bit of a long time,
surprisingly enough.
when all you drop
is just one single
and a mini-album,
the world starts to
wonder when you’ll
drop the big project.
the small stuff starts
doing the numbers,
then you want to give
something bigger to
keep moving strong.

well, i went bigger.

so much drafting in
such a short time,
all these new ideas
came to me at once,
and even with all of
the anxious poems,
i got to mix in some
optimism with them.
the whole journey
had a positive end,
not everyday you’d
see that in my poems.
hell, i was out here
writing poems about
a mouse, and i still
loved every word.

only thing i regret
is the release date:
didn’t do numbers
even though it was
my biggest project,
hyped it up more
than other ones,
but midterms took
all the attention and
rained on parades.
views and stats aside,
i put in the good work,
poetry king in top form,
and it still hits hard.
some albums hold up
better than the others,
and i don’t think this
will lose that luster
at any point soon.
i’ll look back and say
“glad it wasn’t bloated,”
and be thankful for how
it helped me stay strong.

i’m still me, you know it…
no way i’ll stop being me…
always gonna push to make
more great albums like that…
guess bigger can be better
every once in a while, too…
just gotta keep it focused…

i’m still me.

No comments:

Post a Comment