Monday, September 17, 2018

8. ghost show

i’m a one-man show
in the poetry game,
write and publish it
all by myself and i
don’t need any help
making my words hit.
this is the matt a show,
come along for the ride,
it’s just me myself and i
when i write these down.

i dig the collabs,
i’m honored you
wanna put in work,
but this ain’t the place
to divide up the pie.
and i’m not with the
ghostwriting bullshit,
who told you you can
write my lines for me?
i got love for the poets
talking how they feel,
but how you doing that
if you don’t write shit?

and i’m not here
trying to diss, no,
who can i diss for this?
but here’s a lesson
to follow if you want
to get into this thing:
don’t call yourself
some kinda poet if
you got some ghost
doing the damn work
while you sit and watch.

write from the soul,
write from your mind,
don’t take some shit
from that other guy.
he didn’t pour it out
and work his ass off
for you to just take
and fuck with it all.
let nobody take away
the power of my words,
let no phantom arrive to
write them down for me,
i’ll just stay me and keep
putting on a show, while
you puppet around and
cut up with the ghosts.

this is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment