Monday, September 17, 2018

4. thirsty

oh man…
ohhhh man…
yeah, let’s talk about…
priorities for a second…
some people have ‘em
all mixed up, you know…

okay.

so where were you when
the last album dropped?
nowhere to be seen, huh?
where were you at when
i reviewed “sweetener?”
couldn’t care less, huh?
you guys make it out
when i celebrated my
tenth poetry album
just two months ago?

no, you didn’t.

so where were you?

what’s this i see from you?
that’s your 13th like on my
17th selfie in 45 days, but
you won’t support the boy
when he puts out his art?
i get that i’m pretty, and
i’m glad that you think that,
but where’s the support for
a kid doing his writing?
you leave it at the door when
you went thirsting over the
last few selfies i posted?

not tryna sound ungrateful,
i’m glad you like my looks,
but i’m not your sex toy.
i’m not here to give you
some shit to jack off to
when you can’t sleep,
and you got yourself
some 4 am sex thoughts.
how about you guys try
thirsting for my albums
the same way you stay
thirsting for my selfies
and the shirtless pics?

yeah, show me that, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment